terça-feira, maio 02, 2006

i survived...

drawing: arrived by email... source yet to be found...

yes I did. maybe it was the quantity of food she brought, or the amount of new tupperwares filled with homecooked meals, or the ceramic from Alentejo or the new pair of shoes they brought without thinking twice that I might not like them... but all together, with the usual quarrels about the disavantages of using a gillette for shaving, or the need for women to be thinner than air to be beautiful, besides that, I survived to the 4 days that it took my mother and aunt to shop, shop, shop, shop, and shop some more, clean my house (eventhough I spent 2 days doing it myself), washing dishes, ironing my clothes, cooking for the next month and filling my fridge (minimal fridge, btw!) with food.
I swear, now i know that I f-prefer having an empty one!!!
We're leaving for Palestina in 4 days and I feel that I will be inviting a lot of people over for dinner!

from those days I have a lot of cute photos, in Antwerp and in Gent where we adventured ourselves with a friend's car so we could go and eat one of the best waffles ever.

I will be showing their faces here sooner or later, because there are things that need to be shown... but until then, a piece of advice...
no matter how much you prepare, no matter how much you clean, no matter how much you think you'll survive... when you mother and aunt visit you, you have to be extra careful... they will search, find and clean anything that they can get their hands on!

no matter how much you try... they will always want to be your mother, and aunt!!
to be continued...
html hit counter
Get a free hit counter here.