sábado, setembro 06, 2008

last saturday in a'pen

now... this was the ultimate horrible last day, this was it... the last 24hours, the last moments of such a wonderful time. i didn't wake up with this feeling, of the last moment... i woke up with Rosie next to me smiling, and grabing my nose and talking her own language, and it was so nice to wake up to such a beautiful face, our girls' night sleepover was almost over, only a breakfast away.

breakfast at the REVISTA was the moment when i realized it, if i leave this place now and go home to catch a few hours of sleep, it would be the end, but i couldn't keep my eyes open and if i wanted my "goodbye drink" to go smoothly i had to turn off my mind, sleep and wake up again to enjoy this saturday.

it's hard to explain how i felt when i arrived at the CARGO BAR, because i knew i'd see a lot of people that would celebrate with us our new adventure, wish us their best and send us off to africa, but my goodness, i had no idea how many tears i had in me and how hard it would be to hug my friends and say "goodbye"
i know, you'll tell me "you'll see them again", or "we're in 2008, you have email, facebook and skype", or even "you can get on a plane anytime", which are all valid assumptions, only i hate flying so i don't think flying anytime i feel like will at all be possible, but still you're right. but sorry if i ask, what will i do when i wake up on sundays and need a "koffie verkeerd" or just a complete breakfast? what do i do on thursday evenings? who is going to call me on fridays? and how do you deal with a boring afternoon at work and a craving for great coffee?
who will save me from work, home, or even from A.T.?

funny thing is, i know i will manage it, i know by this time next year so much water will have run under the bridge, so many things will have happened, so many feelings and fears overcome, and those wonderful people who i take with me to Maputo will be ready anytime to hear me, to see me, to let me in their lives just as much as i will let them into mine. they gave me so much that i know i will always be grateful, i will always cherish them... i will always take them with me.

i left that goodbye drink with a very empty feeling inside me, as if i'd given away my tears, heart and soul, the empty feeling almost felt good in a way because i had given myself to everyone who said goodbye. i also felt my purse a bit more empty... a groupd of idiots stole my phone just before midnight... funny enough is that they stole it just before i left Belgium which basically means they made my number dissapear the moment i didn't need it anymore. i didn't get upset, i liked the coincidence about it... there was just one detail that made me a bit sad the next morning: they stole the phone with the coolest ring i ever had, the SEX AND THE CITY ringtone!

and so just like that... i left Antwerp.

Etiquetas: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Yesterday there was this man (in the metro) who had a sex and the city melody on his phone. I thought it was funny... But than again maybe it was the thief... What normal man will use satc as a ringtone? (except for Kevin)
x greet

08:33  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home

html hit counter
Get a free hit counter here.